Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Hair Braiding Style

I also wanted to do a post on my new favorite braid hairstyle. Since I have very thick and curly hair I'm always looking for new and pretty ways to style my hair since I can't just brush it and walk out the door like straight haired girl can. I found this really sweet hairstyle when I was stumbling (how else do I find anything remotely cool? lol) and I wanted to share it because it works for both curly and straight haired girls (if your hair is long enough to braid).

I'm pretty sure the beauty blog I found on it is Lauren Conrad's hairstylist's, which is pretty awesome.
                  http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/02/you-asked-for-it/
This is the photo of the braid from the site. Basically it is a normal side braid except when you separate your hair into the three sections for the braid, you braid one of the three sections. In all of the times I've tried it I've used the middle section as the one to braid. Then once you've braided one of the sections you pull it apart horizontally a little bit to loosen it up. Also you should keep a couple of thin pieces of hair out around both sides of your face, and then bobby pin up the longer pieces on the side with the braid.

Okay so now for my pictures:


Keep in mind these pictures are from the end of the day, and the braid was a little less messy when I went to school. This was on a day that I straightened my hair first, so I had to curl the wavy pieces on the side. To style my hair, I made a slight side part curled some pieces of hair close to my face (then raked my fingers through them). Then after I made the braid I used bobby pins to touch up the look.

             
                                                 
For the curly hair, the strategy was basically the same except I didn't have to curl the pieces that framed my face (yay!) I tried to show a close up of the braid above, but you can't really tell what's going on it just looks like a complicated braid.

I get bored of the same hairstyles all the time, so I really like this twist on the traditional side braid. Plus the pieces of hair hanging out give it a girly feel rather than regular side braids that can kind of seem athletic.

Well I'll be sporting this new hairstyle for awhile and I encourage you to do the same because it's not too complicated, nor time consuming. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment